COLONEL LYNN K. ROBINSON, JR.
Colonel Lynn K. Robinson Jr. is the commander, 166th Airlift Wing, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Delaware. As commander, he is responsible for leading more than 1,200 people, overseeing base property and capital assets and controlling an annual budget exceeding $50 million. The wing's overall mission is to provide tactical airlift and air drop of troops, cargo and passengers using C-130H2 aircraft, and to provide aeromedical evacuation, civil engineer, and offensive cyberspace operations.
Colonel Robinson was born in Keflavik, Iceland, and grew up in Ocean City, N.J. He graduated from Ocean City High School and entered Air Force ROTC in August of 1993. He graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and was commissioned in April of 1997. Colonel Robinson spent seven years in the active duty as a B-52H aircrew member and has spent the last 13 years in the Delaware ANG. His previous assignments were of Wing Plans, Director of Inspections, instructor navigator in the 142nd Airlift Squadron, Commander of the 166th Maintenance Squadron, Commander of the 166th Maintenance Group, and Commander of the 166th Operations Group. He is a senior navigator with over 2,500 flight hours, including combat hours in Operation Enduring Freedom.
1997 Bachelor of science degree in aviation computer science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2003 Squadron Officer School, in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala., Distinguished Graduate
2012 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2016 Air War College, by seminar
1. May 1997 – May 1998, Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Pensacola NAS, Fla.
2. May 1998 - November 2002, navigator and radar navigator, 96th Bomb Squadron, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. November 2002 - August 2004, flight training unit instructor radar navigator, 11th Bomb Squadron, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
4. January 2006 - May 2013, navigator and instructor navigator, 142nd Airlift Squadron, 166th Airlift Wing, New Castle ANGB, Del.
5. May 2013 – August 2014, Chief of Wing Plans and Director of Inspections, 166th Airlift Wing, New Castle ANGB, Del.
6. September 2014 – March 2017, Commander, 166th Maintenance Squadron. 166th Airlift Wing, New Castle ANGB, Del.
7. March 2017 – December 2017, Commander, 166th Maintenance Group, 166th Airlift Wing, New Castle ANGB, Del.
8. December 2017 - September 2018, Commander 166th Operations Group, 166th Airlift Wing, New Castle ANGB, Del.
9. September 2018 – current, commander, 166th Airlift Wing, New Castle ANGB, Del.
Rating: Senior Navigator
Flight hours: Over 2,500 hours
Navigator wings: Joint Undergraduate Navigator Training, Pensacola NAS, Fla.
Aircraft: T-34, T-1, T-39, B-52H, C-130E/H
M AJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two devices
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border, with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 1 “M” Device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Delaware National Guard National Defense Service Ribbon
Delaware National Guard Medal for Service in Aid to Civil Authority
Delaware National Guard Physical Fitness Ribbon
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
National Guard Association of the United States
1999 Distinguished Graduate, B-52H Navigator Initial Qualification Course
2001 Distinguished Graduate, B-52H Radar Navigator Upgrade Course
2003 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, in residence
2006 Distinguished Graduate, C-130 Navigator Initial Qualification Course
2013 Distinguished Graduate, C-130 Instructor Navigator Course
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 30 1997
First Lieutenant April 30 1997
Captain April 30 2001
Major April 30 2008
Lieutenant Colonel February 12 2014
Colonel December 2 2017
(Current as of October 18)