Colonel Jeremy M. Goodwin is the Commander of the 166th Maintenance Group, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Delaware. He directs all flight-line and maintenance efforts of the 166th Airlift Wing to ensure the readiness of eight C- 130H2.5 series aircraft in support of daily flying sortie generation, base-level exercises, civil support operations, and contingency deployments and wartime taskings. He oversees and manages a 260-person group of two Maintenance Squadrons, a Maintenance Operations Flight, a Quality Assurance Office, and a Commander’s Support Staff, and is responsible for the aerospace maintenance required to ensure balance between wing sortie production and fleet management.
Col Goodwin graduated from Clarkson University, completing Air Force ROTC and receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering. He is a Command Pilot with over 5,300 military flight hours, including over 700 combat hours and 220 hours of combat support and humanitarian relief. His background includes numerous leadership positions in both a military and civilian role with over 23 years of total service. He has participated in Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, NOBLE EAGLE, IRAQI FREEDOM, NEW DAWN, RESOLUTE SUPPORT, and INHERENT RESOLVE. Prior to his current assignment he served as the 166th Maintenance Squadron Commander. Outside of the military, Col Goodwin has served as a senior system engineer for the V-22 Osprey and is currently a Boeing 737 First Officer employed by Southwest Airlines.
1999 Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Clarkson University, Potsdam, N.Y. 2004 Air Force Flight Safety Officer Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2005 Squadron Officer School, correspondence
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala, in residence
2008 Masters of Business Administration, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla. 2011 Air Command and Staff College, correspondence
2019 Air War College, correspondence
- June 1999 – April 2000, Student Navigator, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Navigator Training, Randolph AFB, San Antonio, Texas.
- May 2000 – October 2000, Mobility Navigator Trainee, 53rd Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
- November 2000 – October 2003, C-130H Instructor Navigator, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage, Alaska.
- October 2003 – April 2006, C-130E Evaluator Navigator/Flight Commander, 2nd Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB, Fayetteville, N.C.
- May 2006 – June 2007, Student Pilot, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Columbus, Miss.
- July 2007 – January 2008, Mobility Pilot Trainee, 700th Airlift Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Marietta Ga.
- January 2008 – May 2011, C-130H Pilot, 142nd Airlift Squadron, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- June 2011 – December 2012, Chief of Command Post, 166th Airlift Wing, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- January 2013 – February 2016, Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, Chief of Training, 142nd Airlift Squadron, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- March 2016 – February 2018, Director of Operations, 142nd Airlift Squadron, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- March 2018 – May 2020, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 166th Operations Group, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- June 2020 – August 2021, Deputy Commander, 166th Maintenance Group, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- September 2021 – November 2022, Commander, 166th Maintenance Squadron, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- November 2022 – February 2023, Deputy Commander, 166th Maintenance Group, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
- March 2023 – Present, Commander, 166th Maintenance Group, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: Over 5,300
Aircraft Flown: T-43, T-37, T-1, C-130E/H/H2/H3
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with 5 oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with 3 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with 1 oak leaf clusters
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with 2 service stars
Iraq Campaign Medal with 1 service star
Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal with 3 service stars
Humanitarian Service Medal with 1 service star
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1999
First Lieutenant June 2, 2001
Captain June 2, 2003
Major December 1, 2009|
Lieutenant Colonel August 1, 2016
Colonel March 1, 2023
(Current as of March 2023)