Top 10 reasons to visit the 166th Airlift Wing Facebook page
By Tech. Sgt. Benjamin Matwey , 166th Airlift Wing Public Affairs
/ Published December 09, 2011
NEW CASTLE, Delaware --
In August we launched our wing Facebook page, www.facebook.com/166thAirliftWing
, and slowly but surely the word is getting out that we have a Facebook presence.
We want that news to keep spreading.
We're closing in on 250 "Likes" and would like to see more people take the small step of clicking the "Like" button so we get a better sense of how familiar people are with the page. And, we want to hear your feedback, in any form you care to make it.
Our statistics show a positive trend, attracting both full-timers and traditional members. You need to establish a free Facebook account to make a post, but you can view the page without one.
In this new social media venture we're all experimenting with the frequency and content mix of what we post.
Our 29 photo albums (and counting) are popular; click the "Photos" tab at the upper left of the main screen (under the wing shield), and you will see only the last 21 photo albums. You will then need to click on the "See All: [Photos]" tab at the top of the "Your Photos" page to see the full inventory of albums.
Top 10 reasons to visit the wing Facebook page
- Find details for key upcoming events, such as this Saturday's (Dec. 10) Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program 30-Day Post Deployment Briefing for 166th Mission Support Group Airmen; families welcome!
- Videos! We posted a short video giving a comedic take on Air Force ORIs - Operational Readiness Inspection - including Airmen in MOPP gear, courtesy of our reservist brethren at the 512th AW, Dover Air Force Base. The Dec. DNG News video has a holiday twist (the previous month's DNG News video of Nov. 2011 is also posted).
- See 100 photos of the snow dogs of the 166th Civil Engineer Squadron who drove snow plows (some of gargantuan-proportion) out on the flightline to perform an orchestra of maneuvers and equipment tests on Dec. 6. You'll get a pictorial tour of our C-130 aircraft ramp showing equipment, aircraft, nearby firefighting vehicles and facilities, plus Airmen in motion during a normal morning of operations.
- Look at over 70 photos from our Dec. 3 Holiday Meal, with dozens of faces of unit Airmen as they walk through the serving line and dine with coworkers, or serve meals and make the kitchen hum.
- See photos of 16 members of our Student Flight practice facing movements at daybreak on Dec. 3.
- Look at Delaware Aviation Career Day photos from Nov. 5, with visiting students and various displays.
- See many photos of our civil engineers performing construction duties near the North Pole at Alert Station, Canada, and see a bunch of them take a dip - they do get seriously wet - in the Arctic Ocean!
- See top-notch imagery of our C-130 aircraft on our flightline and on the runway.
- Find command messages from leadership, plus a variety of other content; photos of our retirees, of our people being recognized, and of other on- and off-base people and social activities.