Colonel Jason S. Christman is the vice wing commander of the 166th Airlift Wing. He assists the wing commander in leading more than 1200 people, ensuring successful organization, training, and equipping of airlift, aeromedical evacuation, civil engineering, and cyberspace operations missions. He helps manage base property and capital assets and control of an annual budget exceeding $50 million.
After receiving his commission and Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science in 1998, Colonel Christman began his career at the Air Force Information Warfare Center. In 2002, he joined the Delaware Air National Guard and by 2004, earned his Master’s degree in Computer Science. In 2005, he helped establish an Information Operations Detachment that supported joint special operations missions. In 2008, he co-founded the 166th Network Warfare Squadron, the first cyber squadron in the Air National Guard. Also in 2008, Colonel Christman was activated for two years in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM as chief of cyber operations for U.S. Special Operations Command. In that role, he led a transnational team credited with significant counterterrorism successes. In 2015, Colonel Christman assumed command of the 166th Cyberspace Operations Squadron and led the unit through its first two deployments to U.S. Cyber Command. Prior to his current position, he served as director of intelligence (J2) and cyber operations (J6) for the Delaware National Guard Joint Force Headquarters and represented The Adjutant General on the State of Delaware Cyber Security Advisory Council.
In his civilian capacity as an industry leader, Colonel Christman serves as vice president and chief product security officer for a multinational technology manufacturer.
1998 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa.
1998 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Basic Communications Officer Training, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2002 Graduate Certificate in Telecommunications, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
2004 Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
2006 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
2008 Special Operations Support Team Course, Joint Special Operations University, USSOCOM, Fla.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 Cyber Operations Transition Course, by correspondence
2011 Cyber 300, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2014 Air War College, by correspondence
2014 Joint Domestic Operations Course, USNORTHCOM, Colo.
2015 Joint Task Force Staff Training Course, USNORTHCOM, Colo.
2016 Joint and Combined Warfighting School Hybrid, Norfolk, Va.
1. June 1998 – May 1999, Flying Operations Planner for F-16CJ, 55th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
2. May 1999 – August 1999, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
3. August 1999 – February 2000, Student, Communications and Information Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
4. February 2000 – August 2002, Computer Scientist, Det. 1, 23rd Information Operations Squadron, Air Force Information Warfare Center, Fort Meade, Md.
5. August 2002 – May 2005, Communications Officer, 166th Mission Support Group, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
6. May 2005 – October 2007, Section Commander, Network Warfare Operations, Detachment 1, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
7. October 2007 – July 2008, Flight Commander, Network Warfare Operations, 166th Information Operations Squadron, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
8. July 2008 – September 2010, Chief, Cyber Operations, Special Operations Support Team, USSOCOM, Fort Meade, Md.
9. October 2010 – September 2013, Flight Commander, Network Warfare Operations, 166th Network Warfare Squadron, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
10. September 2013 – September 2015, Cyber Operations Planner (J3), Joint Staff, Joint Force Headquarters, New Castle, Del.
11. October 2015 – December 2016, Director, Joint Cyber Operations (J6), Joint Staff, Joint Force Headquarters, Delaware National Guard, New Castle, Del.
12. May 2015 – March 2019, Commander, 166th Cyberspace Operations Squadron, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
13. April 2019 – September 2021, Director of Cyber & Intelligence (J2/J6), Joint Force Headquarters, Delaware National Guard, New Castle, Del.
14. September 2021 – Present, Vice Wing Commander, 166th Airlift Wing, Delaware Air National Guard, New Castle, Del.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 1998
First Lieutenant May 2000
Captain May 2002
Major June 2006
Lieutenant Colonel July 2010
Colonel September 2016
(Current as of November 2021)